Part-Time In-House Studio Photographer
Richer Poorer is seeking a part-time studio photographer to manage and execute all in-studio photography. This person will own all lighting, production, and shooting processes to ensure final assets are correctly represented and that all projects are completed in a timely manner. They will actively collaborate with the Creative, Art, and Marketing departments on direction and calendar to support photography needs including but not limited to product campaigns, marketing stories, social media assets, and product photography. We are looking for someone with 4-5 years of studio specific lighting and photography experience for both on model and product. The right candidate is an excellent communicator with strong self-direction and follow-through, attention to detail, the ability to problem solve and compromise, as well as handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. In some cases, the candidate will have to operate on very short deadlines. Flexibility, understanding, and the ability to calmly respond to urgent requests and last-minute changes are important.
- Manage all tasks within the 2-4 days per week in the office (full 8 hour days).
- Deliver all final in-studio photography for ecomm: product flats and on model.
- Manage photo asset calendar from multiple department needs and ensure that all tasks are completed within the deadline.
- Consistently provide high-quality, on-brand content that is reviewed for selects and edited for each channel of the Richer Poorer brand.
- Utilize all necessary editing software to crop, color correct, and edit all photos to brand standards and correct in-line product specifications.
- Use studio lighting systems and modifiers at a highly proficient level.
- Provide knowledge of reference points both technical and inspirational to help guide the creative planning process and problem solve when issues arise.
- Work closely with Creative and Art Director on set by providing a well organized plan and timeline for each shoot and problem solve with solutions-based approach.
- Manage, organize, and maintain all digital files in a clean and accessible system.
- Set up and break down set in timely fashion as well as ensure all studio equipment remains in good condition and is replaced or updated when necessary.
- Ensure all lighting and production is ready and working before shooting begins.
- Work with and assist in creating props or sourcing external needs for studio shoots as discussed in creative meetings.
- Maintain a robust level of brand awareness and technical knowledge to be able to execute at brand standard level should the Creative or Art Director be absent from set.
- Assist Creative team in sample coordination and organization as well as occasional steaming and styling of product flat lays.
- Provide tech decks with lighting and photography reference for all shoots that require such creative direction.
- Create, maintain, and be able to teach assistants Richer Poorer’s lighting and production standards and processes for consistency across the board.
- General understanding of different media channels - website, emails, social grid, social story, digital ads on IG and FB, etc.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- 4-5 years of product, e-commerce, and in-studio photography lighting, shooting, and editing.
- Highly proficient in Raw photo editing software including Adobe Lightroom, Bridge, Photoshop and Capture One.
- Must demonstrate photo retouching expertise using Photoshop.
- Strong self-motivation as well as an ability to work well within a team.
- Highly capable of communicating between multiple departments.
- Ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment and troubleshoot quickly and efficiently.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and passionate.
- Strong desire to learn and grow in technical and leadership skills.
- Ability to work part-time in-house in San Juan Capistrano office.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Incredible company culture
- Out of office shoot days and inspiration days
- Free clothes every month
- Free snacks and drinks
Send work samples/portfolio and resume to email@example.com
We are looking for strong examples of lifestyle, studio on-model and product photography, styled flat lays, and editing/retouching. Include full resume, or detailed description of previous product photography experience.
We will contact qualified applicants for more details.
Job Type: Part-Time